Protection technical fabrics industry S.A. is an innovative Greek manufacturer of technical shading fabrics, that is present in the Greek textile industry since 1960. Today, the new Nikolaou generation, still follows, with the same disposition, the vision of the company’s founder, Aristides Nikolaou: to maintain the company at the leading positions in the field of shading fabrics, not only in Greece but also in Europe. Our goal is the top …
Our motto is to be always distinguished for the quality and reliability of our products. To always develop and evolve. To be flexible and able to meet the minor or major needs of our clients. To show the required respect to the people that constitute the company.
Always considering first the development of the quality of materials, in order to best satisfy its customers, PROTECTION has developed relationships with the leading corporations in the field of raw materials in Germany, Netherlands and Italy, while, since 2001, the company is certified with an ISO 9001: 2008 certification regarding the design and production of its products.
In parallel, the company takes care so that the series of water resistant outdoor shading products is produced in Greece, at the self-owned facilities of the company in Oinofyta and Acharnes. PROTECTION has developed a strong exporting activity in Europe showing a prominent presence in the Balkan countries, demonstrating in practice that, with persistence and patience, even the highest business goals can be achieved.
«Protection that lasts forever»
Presence in the Greek textile industry since 1960...
- 2018 - 2019New advanced catalogue with particular innovations in :
- 8 updated new printed designs SLINE in 3 categories (Fresh, Lifestyle, Classic) and 2 new designs SLINE ONE
- Presentation of the new series Proacryl acrylic technical fabrics, of very high standards
- New printed S BLOCK process designs
- Ethnic style category, a new decorating awning trend
- Development of innovative technology of full blockout printed fabrics, creating a new category S Line Block.
- Adjustment of the quality system of the company to the new ISO 9001 STANDARD: 2015, from the largest certification organization, LLOYDS OF ENGLAND R.Q.A.
- Certification with excellent results from the HOHENSTEIN Institute HR of Germany, development specialist with highest grade UV 80, for ultimate protection from solar radiation thanks to appropriate raw materials and specialized methods of production.
- 2016Evolution also means change. The firm proudly presents its new refreshed corporate identity.
- 2013Implementation of new know-how in textile treatments such as blockout, reflection and flame retardant textiles for specialized applications. Marking a new era and the leading position of Protection in the market, its products are now available with a new brand name
- 2011Presentation of a new high tech weaving for technical fabrics, Sline
- 2008Customization of company’s quality management system according to ISO 9001:2008, by LLOYD’S R.Q.A. LTD, thus insuring high standards for its products
- 2006Use of the innovative nanotechnology (lotus effect) on the self-cleaning technical fabrics
- 2004Expansion of company’s sales activities in the new offices in Acharnes
- 2002Certification for the quality control system that Protection implements in all the stages of its production and distribution stages ,gaining a competitive advantage, by the most reliable register LLOYDS REGISTER UK.
- 2000Creation of the new company brand marking its evolution and adopting new technologies
- 1999Integration of production process in privately owned premises in Inofita Viotias
- 1988New Protection logo design and promotion of the renewed rich company collection of chintz, striped and plain color designs
- 1980Issue the first Protection catalog including printed designs of 100% waterproof canvas
- 1970Production of the first striped designs of 100% waterproof canvas.
- 1960Start of weaving activities at company facilities in Nea Ionia, from the founder Nicholaou Aristides, for the production of cotton canvas and jeans.