PROTECTION – NIKOLAOU SA is an evolving pioneering Greek technical fabric company with a history in the textile industry since 1960. It is a family-own business, third generation, based in Athens, Greece, with views in foreign markets and always in respect to its local production line.
The company was initially built in 1960 by Aristidis Nikolaou (1940-2010), self-made businessman who decided to operate in the textile industry, housing a small textile plant in N. Ionia Attica, for the production of heavy cotton Denim type Fabrics. Within a decade, the founder successfully manufactured innovative waterproof fabrics for exterior use, suitable for solar protection. In collaboration to distinguished European suppliers of raw materials, he presented the first waterproof 100% awning fabric and managed to evolve the range of its product line in a huge variety of striped, printed and plain designs. The company’s primary goal has been, since then, quality assurance at all production stages, from weaving to the final product. The company’s breakthrough came with the establishment of its production plant in its privately-owned facilities in Oinofyta, Viotia in 1999. The company’s goal for developing high quality technical textiles has been our prime priority ever since.
Nowadays, the company has dynamically entered the foreign markets and is now exporting its products to the Balkans, EU, and the rest of the world at an evolving pace. In its recently renovated industrial plant, PROTECTION S.A. produces the largest variety of sun protection technical fabrics in Greece. Final controls are effectuated at the company’ s headquarters, in the area of Acharnai, Athens, from where the products are then being distributed through our extensive sales network to the domestic and international markets.
Our aim is to establish PROTECTION S.A. position among the top international sun protection fabrics brands worldwide while keeping a high-end production line in its mother land, Greece
«Protection that lasts forever»
Presence in the Greek textile industry since 1960...
Teflon™ is a trademark of The Chemours Company FC, LLC used under license by NIKOLAOU Α. A.V.E.E
- 8 updated new printed designs SLINE in 3 categories (Fresh, Lifestyle, Classic) and 2 new designs SLINE ONE
- Presentation of the new series Proacryl acrylic technical fabrics, of very high standards
- New printed S BLOCK process designs
- Ethnic style category, a new decorating awning trend
- Adjustment of the quality system of the company to the new ISO 9001 STANDARD: 2015, from the largest certification organization, LLOYDS OF ENGLAND R.Q.A.
- Certification with excellent results from the HOHENSTEIN Institute HR of Germany, development specialist with highest grade UV 80, for ultimate protection from solar radiation thanks to appropriate raw materials and specialized methods of production.